Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010


MURDER EXPRESS


Death, the subject of every adults nightmare. The never ending, sinisterly looming, cape wearing, skeletal figure that hides in the back corner of the room and laughs a little bit every time you trip. Have you ever tried laughing back? This dastardly villain of dreams hates when we laugh back and everyone laughs back in their own way. I laugh back each time I get up in the morning and turn on the lights. Professional racers laugh back each time they cross over the finish line. Eskimos laugh back each time they put on their warm furry coats and head out onto the arctic tundra. Sometimes, entire groups laugh at death. It has come to my attention that college students laugh back in groups when they make it back to their dorm rooms safe and sound after a party. Cops laugh back when they capture a perp with a gun. So it is all a matter of knowing that when we get agitated with death, death has previously been agitated with us. So next time you trip and hear that little voice in your head laughing, remember that you got out of bed that morning and the sound of your feet hitting the floor is still resonating in the ears of that black caped monster.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I laughed back when I did 25 pushups today. Tomorrow it will be my arm muscles' turn to laugh back at me!!!!

    ReplyDelete